Each presentation should not exceed 10-15 minutes (5 minutes in case of speed talk presentations)
- Present your paper in person at the Conference; in any other case inform the Conference organisers as soon as possible;
- Avoid reading out your paper;
- Focus on key messages to attract the interest of the audience;
- Avoid presenting tables with many cells and difficult to read;
- Use readable type font in the tables and good text/background contrast;
- Use simple sentences; avoid jargon, highly specialised vocabulary and unfamiliar abbreviations;
- Present just a few important facts on each slide;
- Practice the delivery of your talk several times prior to your presentation along with your slide or transparency sequence being sure to fit your talk into the time allocated to you;
- Think about questions you might be asked about your work and be prepared with well-thought out answers, being mindful of the limited time;
- All lecture rooms are equipped with: a screen, a LCD projector, a laptop, a podium with a microphone, a projector, a remote control for ppt presentations, a flip chart and markers, Wi-Fi connection;
- If you have some changes in your presentation, please approach the Conference office at least 2 hours before the session where you are speaking starts. The Conference office will be marked clearly with a sign at the Q2022 Conference venue.
Session / Special session
Each Regular/Special session will last 90 minutes. A maximum of five/six presentations will be allocated in each of them.
- Each session will be led by a Chair.
- Authors will present a summary of their work in a maximum time slot of 10-15 minutes. You are kindly requested to respect the time.
- Questions will be taken at the end of the session, together with a discussion.
- You should view the Conference Programme for information about the session you are participating at and be in the indicated room at least 5 minutes before the session starts.
- Each session will be led by the Chair who will be in charge of introducing the speakers and controlling the time.
- The Chair will alert you when the 10-minutes have passed. The speakers will be given a 2-minute reminder as they near the end of their presentation. Remember to watch the Chair not to miss relevant signals.
Speed talk session
- Each Speed talk session will last maximum of 45 minutes.
- Presentations are limited to 5 minutes. You are kindly requested to respect the time.
- No questions will be taken during the Speed talk session. No discussion will be allowed.
- Check the room name and the timetable of your Speed talk session and be on place 5 minutes before the session starts.
- Each Speed talk session will be led by the Chair who will be in charge of introducing the speakers and controlling the time.
- The Chair will signal at the 4-minute mark. The speakers will be given a 1-minute reminder as they near the end of their talk. Remember to watch the Chair in order not to miss relevant signals regarding the control of time.
- A Poster session allows for a graphic presentation. The authors will illustrate their work by displaying graphs, photos, diagrams and a small amount of text on the poster boards.
- The authors will hold discussions with attendees who are circulating among the poster boards.
- The poster board will be 245 cm tall by 100 cm wide, mounted on stands.
- The authors should print their posters themselves and bring it to the Q2022 Conference.
- The authors must remain by their poster boards during the 30 minutes session.
- The materials should include the title of the presentation and the list of authors. Letters in the title should be at least 2,5 cm high.
- The material should be well labelled and legible from a distance of 1,5 to 2 meters. Lettering should be in a bold print. Preferred font type is Arial with upper and lowercase letters.
- The authors should give their posters (signed) to the staff at the Registration / Information desk during the registration process.
- The staff will put the posters in a designated place and attach them to special boards. The posters will be available on the Ground Floor at the Conference venue.
- Bring business cards with you in case the viewers look for further information.
- In case of problems, please inform the organising staff that will be present at the place of the Poster session.